How Important Is Email Marketing?
Social media has stormed to the top ranking spots in the marketing logs with its compelling ability to connect businesses with consumers in a personal,interactive and instant way. This has slowly led people to believe that email marketing is dying, or dead already. But this isn’t true. Email marketing still has a very important role in marketing brands and if you want your business to develop and grow, it’s a very vital factor you should include in marketing plans. This is why.
- More than 75% of consumers say that email is their preferred for of communication with brands and businesses. It is none invasive if done correctly and allows consumers to make the decision whether they want to continue communication and participate further in the point of sale.
- Email marketing builds awareness about a product and the brand it’s under. It reminds customers who your company is, it strengthens relationships with customers and most importantly it increases sales.
- Its incredibly fast and direct and provides measurable data which is vital to expanding your business and customers. You can see who reads it, who follows up and how many are marked as spam.
- Smart phones, tablets and even iPods have now made email instant and mobile. Most people are now receiving emails on their phones like instant chat messages.
Here’s how you can make your email marketing campaign successful.
1) It is important to design an email subscribing page that is simple to use. Customers should be able to get to your subscription page and then subscribe without getting stuck at all. If you have to give directions, make it simpler. The best way to know if its simple enough is to send a link to the page and if your customers can sign up without asking any questions, you’re winning.
2) Share the link of your subscription page on as many social media platforms as possible such as Google +, Facebook, Vine, Pinterest, Twitter etc and share it when you want to steer people towards your subscription page.
3) Your subscription page should drive people to join your email list. You can do this by telling consumers how brilliant your product is and how much they can benefit and gain from subscribing to your list.
4) Have a certain time when you send out emails. Whether its once a month, once a week or twice a month, stick to it and keep it regular. Subscribers then know when to expect an email. Research has shown that the best time to send out newsletters is on a Tuesday 10am- 1pm.
5) Newsletters should be informative and information has to be relevant to subscribers. When subscribers feel spammed because of irrelevant useless information they will unsubscribe. Its annoying and frustrating so here is a quick layout to help you. Start with the information you want them to read, then share relevant links so how they can learn more about what you’re telling them, whether its info from your site or someone elses and then end with a call-to-action. This is the most vital part of your newsletter.
6) Put your logo on the upper left hand corner of the page.
7) Stick to 4 colours and 3 fonts.
Use these 7 simple steps and sales and customer participation will increase and benefit your business exponentially.
How to Make The Most of Social Media Marketing