How Can Your Brand/Business Use Pinterest?
One of the biggest advantages of Pinterest is that it targets a much sought after demographic – females under the age of 45. This demographic has key purchasing power making Pinterest an ideal marketing platform for businesses that sell goods. However with some innovative use, it can also prove to be a valuable tool for providers of unique services.
Here are some creative ways in which your brand can use Pinterest:
- Hold a contest – In recent months “Pin It to Win It” style Pinterest contests have become very popular. These contests typically encourage Pinterest users to go onto a brand or business’s website or blog and to pin images from it that they find appealing to their personal Pinterest boards. The winner then wins either an item or a service depicted in one of the images that they pinned. This kind of contest encourages audience engagement with your product or service and also gets them to browse through your offerings.
- Conduct Market Research – Pinterest is a great way of testing new products and services. Pinterest can offer a kind of online focus group by allowing you to track reactions to products and services. Tracking whether certain colours or styles get repined often is a good way for retailers to stay on top of trends and to launch products and services that are in line with those trends.
- Feature Customers – Playing to your customer’s vanity is a good way of ensuring their brand loyalty and of getting them to share information about your business on various social media platforms. Featuring customers who wear their clothing in unique ways on Pinterest has proven to be a valuable marketing tool for the fashion industry. It can also be valuable for businesses that offer venues or events to create specific boards that capture the feel that the customer wants the venue or event to adopt.
- Collaborate with Customers – Pinterest allows you to add multiple contributors to one board meaning that various people will be able to pin images to the same place. Allowing customers to pin to your boards provides a way of finding out what direction that they might like to see your brand moving into. It’s also a great way for event planners, bakers, photographers, travel agents and art dealers to work with customers to create an end-product that will satisfy both parties seeing as these are professions that require close communication between consumers and producers.
- Create a brand personality – Pinterest is great way of creating and communicating your brand personality to your audience. You can use Pinterest to showcase your unique style, what you stand for and what makes you different.
- Promote image content – With Pinterest you can collate all of your image content into one place which makes it easy to access. You can feature anything from product photos, personal photography to infographics. Travel agents for example will be able to reap benefits from this highly visual platform by creating boards with photos of activities, landscapes, accommodation and special offers in different areas.
- Sell, sell, sell – You can add price banners and links to your website on your Pinterest images to have those pins translate into sales sooner.
If you feel that Pinterest would be beneficial to your Brand or Company, you can contact Flatspin here to discuss your needs and how best to implement an account for your business.